Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ahh....September

I can't believe we are already near the end of September and Morgan's third birthday is nearly here. This has been a mellower month, after a summer of busyness, but I am tired! I guess it has to do with the little one in my belly more than the little one I chase after every day. But it's also been a fun month. Morgan and I had a relaxing Labor Day weekend at the beach house with my parents and Auntie Erica. We were blessed with beautiful weather - if I wasn't in this odd, misshapen state I could have been in a swim suit laying in the sun, it was that warm. Morgan also got her first visit to the Octopus Tree and Lighthouse at Cape Meares. Now she likes to tell me, "Mommy, when you were my age you used to go to the Ockapus Tree just like ME!!!"

That weekend was followed by a fun weekend in Seattle, staying with our newlywed friends, Sue and Joe, in their new home at Alki Beach. It was a part of Seattle I had never experienced and it was awesome! We played with Morgan in the sand, Sue and I rode along the beach on their new cruiser bikes, and we had the best cinnamon rolls on the planet at a nearby bakery (cinnamon rolls have become a recent obsession of mine). We were also in Seattle to attend a wedding of a college friend, so it was a good reunion of old friends (and mainly a chance to hang out without our kids!) The wedding was on this rooftop along the waterfront and we were treated to sunny skies, a view of downtown Seattle, and Mt. Rainer peeking through the clouds at sunset. We were so lucky that our friends, Candice and Cameron, could watch Morgan while we were at the wedding. They adore her and she loved being with them, and their new puppy, Kingston. Morgan had them wrapped around her finger, because she got them to swing her between them forever as they walked down then sidewalk. So cute! The weekend was fun for many reasons, but mostly because it reminded us how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends.


For me, September has also been about spending even more time with Morgan since she hasn't gone to preschool this month. I've been trying to keep us both busy and the change of routine has been nice. We are doing a "tumblebugs" movement class, rejoining the Spanish play group after many months, and going the library story time a lot. We have also spent more time at our park with new friends. I met a new mom recently who has a daughter just one week younger than Morgan. She is not only very nice and easy to talk to, but seems to know every other parent at the park. Yeah! Just what I have been looking for. It is so nice for both Morgan and I to have someone to "play" with on a regular basis, as well as connect with other people in the neighborhood.

Morgan's birthday is next week and we are having a party for her this weekend. Once she turns three she will start two full days a week at her new Spanish immersion preschool. Sam and I are very excited about this, and Morgan has been itching to go to her new school for weeks. I am looking forward to having more time to myself - such a luxury! But then I realize that this will really only last a couple of months. After December, I won't be alone....ever!

No comments: