Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Morgan Funnies

I'm starting to crack up pretty much every day lately with things that come out of Morgan's mouth. Here are some that she's said in the last month or two:* After reading some books in Spanish, she asks, "Mommy, how do you laugh in Spanish?" (although she calls it "Fanish")

* She's started hitting us (well, winding up her tiny fist and jabbing at us in the air), and I know it's because she is frustrated with something. So when that happened the other day, I encouraged her to "use your words" instead of hitting. So she says, "Mommy, can I hit you?" At least she asked!

* "But I want to go potty outside," she says after I make her come inside from the back yard. I tell her that dogs and cat go outside, but people use the bathroom inside. Then she says, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a cat and go potty outside."
* We were leaving my parents' house after swimming and dinner, and it was well past her bedtime. Hoping she'd fall asleep in the car on the way home, Sam tries singing her a song. He picked an old Bon Jovi song which didn't really sound much like a lullaby. After a few lines of listening, Morgan tells him, "Shhh, Daddy, I'm trying to sleep."
* Morgan was going to watch TV and I offered one of her favorite shows that I had "taped." She looked at me like I was talking crazy, because in her mind, tape was the sticky variety that could be used to fix anything. I realized I dated myself with that term, and explained that she could watch a recorded show from the DVR, but she didn't let me get away that easily. For the next couple days, she would look at me, roll her eyes, and say with a giggle, "Mommy, you can't TAPE a show! Ha ha ha!"* After mentioning that I would have to go to the doctor to have the baby born, Morgan proceeded to tell me how she was born. She said, "Mommy, you went to Dr. Russak (her pediatrician) and she put a machine in your tummy and I came out into the world!" If only it were that easy...
* We were playing with a shapes puzzle and practicing some Spanish. I held up a green piece and said, "Qué color is este?" (what color is this?). She said, "green" and I responded "verde" (green). Then she says, "I call it green, you call it verde."

3 comments:

Sam Holloway said...

How can anyone not like Bon Jovi... must have been my singing

Elizabeth said...

That Morgan girl is too funny (and such a smarty pants)! I miss her :(.

kimholloway said...

I adore her! And you for sharing these PRICELESS moments from the most beautiful, brilliant and funny girl. :) Thank you!