Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Surprise Snow!


Yesterday, as I was washing dishes I noticed some white things falling from the sky. "Is that snow?" I said to Sam. So without all the local weatherman's hype and media blitz, we had a surprise snowstorm that amounted to about three inches. Of course because it started falling around 2:00 in the afternoon, it created a complete nightmare for people trying to get home. (I was watching the news at 10:00 last night and the highways were still bumper to bumper!) But fortunately Sam was already home from work and I was home with Morgan, so it was a nice treat, not a disaster.

Morgan woke up from a long nap and was very curious about the snow ("It's even in my backyard too!"), so we headed outside. The snow was falling hard and Morgan seemed a little uncomfortable with all the snowflakes on her eyelashes, but when we tried to go inside and warm up, she wanted to keep walking around. Sam built a cute Morgan-size snowman and Morgan helped put some mittens and gloves on it.

I am goofy when it comes to snow because I love it so much. We rarely get it in this part of Oregon, so it is a nice, brief treat (except for last year's huge snowstorm). After Morgan went to bed, I went for a short walk in the park by our house. Everything was covered with a pretty layer of white and the neighborhood looked especially beautiful and peaceful. And since we live in Oregon, today is warmer and the snow is melting so life can get back to normal, but it was a fun way to end 2009. Happy New Year!

No comments: