
We got back a few days ago from San Antonio, where I visited our friends Naomi and Alex. Sam had a business conference there so it was a great opportunity to visit them, since they moved there in September. We didn't do a lot of sightseeing, but instead got to spend lots of time together. Sam gets along so well with Alex, and Naomi and I don't see each other very often, so it was a lot of fun hanging out. But we were joking about how our lives have changed quite a bit. Now there are three (almost four!) other humans hanging out with us. Besides Morgan, their daughters Ava (4) and Lauren (almost 2) are full of energy and gave me some insight on what's ahead for our little Morgan. I try to picture her as a toddler, running and talking, but can't imagine her as anything other than her little self. Ava and Lauren were very intrigued by Morgan and kept wanting to pet her head and bounce her vigorously in the bouncy chair! It was very cute, and hopefully they will be just as sweet with their baby brother, who is due in a couple weeks. I don't know how Naomi keeps up with the girls, especially being nine months pregnant! She is amazing, and it made me realize how nice it is just having one child! I seriously started considering just calling it good with Morgan. She is a great baby, and we are sure to have a "challenging" kid the next time around. And with one child, your life doesn't have to change as much. Why not just enjoy Morgan?! (Now, don't freak out...it was just a thought!) But seriously, I am in awe of Naomi and Alex for not only being great parents, but ones who are relaxed and seem to by enjoying life, even after moving halfway across the country. Ava, Lauren, and "baby brother" are very lucky to have them as
parents.By the way, Sam just found out that he and his fellow doctoral students received an award for their workshop presentation at the conference in San Antonio! They demonstrated an effective teaching strategy for instructors to use, and had a room overflowing with people who were interested! It's great that Sam is trying to spread what he knows about quality instruction to other university faculty, who often care more about their research than teaching or students. Good job!
4 comments:
That is a cute picture of the five of you girls!!!
Congrats to Sam also!!Yay for just one good UO professor (ha ha!).
Well, I agreee with you about my kids!! They are amazing parents and doing such a good job with those girls. They probably won't even notice when one more is added to mix. It gets easier the more you have!! hint, hint! I am glad you made the trip=Naomi needed a friend's visit to cheer her up this month. And I know Alex really enjoys Sam too. Glad little Miss Morgan survived the big girls. We want to congratulate Sam too. But we knew he would do a good job. Enjoy your little darling=she is so adorable. We see a little Fred in her!!!
Well, I agreee with you about my kids!! They are amazing parents and doing such a good job with those girls. They probably won't even notice when one more is added to mix. It gets easier the more you have!! hint, hint! I am glad you made the trip=Naomi needed a friend's visit to cheer her up this month. And I know Alex really enjoys Sam too. Glad little Miss Morgan survived the big girls. We want to congratulate Sam too. But we knew he would do a good job. Enjoy your little darling=she is so adorable. We see a little Fred in her!!!
I love the picture of the three girls. They miss Morgan, but I'll provide another baby for them to fawn over soon I guess.
One is nice! With one you really get to enjoy every moment and you don't miss a thing. But not to worry, Morgan will give you a run for your money eventually--they don't call it the terrible twos for nothing. Two kids is fun too because you get to see the bond between siblings grow and deepen. It is a lot more work and noise and energy in the house, but its fun and worth it (most of the time!)
Congrats to Sam!
Post a Comment