Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blogging and Life


Thursdays are now my self-declared blogging days.  In a feeble attempt to post something interesting weekly (don't hold your breath), I have tried to give myself time each Thursday while Morgan is at school and Sasha naps (long ones, bless her heart) to sit down and write.  Since one blog post can take me a couple hours to put together from start to finish, my real goal is to blog twice a month, with the hope that blogging will beget more blogging.  In the past six months or so, it has really fallen by the wayside for me.  I keep trying to figure out why and how I can be better at keeping up with things and not getting so behind on our life events.  There are a lot of reasons why it seems to get harder and harder to blog on a regular basis, but I have come to the conclusion that the main reason is because our life is too beautiful.

I know that sounds weird or extremely conceited, but bear with me.  It's usually on a dreary day when I'm feeling moody or unmotivated that I find myself getting sucked into reading over my old blog posts (and I know Sam does it too).  But when I do read these posts that I have taken the time to write - the photos, words, memories that I see before me - my heart feels so full from all the beautiful moments that have already occurred in my life.  And I think they appear all the more beautiful because they are simply over.  The birth of my daughters, the funny things they said, the exasperating phases they went through, the holiday memories we made as a family.  Jeez!  From that last sentence, you would think I was 60 years old and my kids were long gone!  I guess I am being a bit dramatic, but life really does move so quickly and the precious moments that we get with our kids (and our spouses and friends and families) are so fleeting.

So when I say that my life is too beautiful, I am mainly accentuating the beautiFULL.  A full, busy, hectic, beautiful life is all we really hope for, but the busy part is what we have to learn to manage and keep in perspective.  And while it would probably be easier for me to just stop blogging like a lot of people do, I know that one of the things I'm doing right in my life is taking the time to pause and capture a snapshot of it in a blog post.  It's easy to take a million photos - we all do now with our digital devices - but to stop and process and edit and ponder and reflect, that is that hard part.  But that is the part that is worth a million bucks.  That is the part that makes my heart so full it wants to burst because my life is indeed beautiful, and hopefully will keep staying that way.

No comments: