* Had an extra long snuggle/sleep in our bed with Morgan this morning, who was still sacked out even after Sam and I had gotten up and showered.
* Sang and danced along to "Wild Wild West Elmo" video - alone, mind you, Morgan didn't join in.
* Texted my sister and wished I could take away the sickness that she has the day before her birthday.
* Started a load of laundry and folded one while Morgan played with a balloon in the basement.
* Cajoled my daughter into getting multiple articles of clothing on and giving up on having her try to go potty - it's a Pull-Up day.
* Went to the pediatrician for third time in past two weeks.
* Wore a large metal apron while I helped my daughter get her first X-ray (chest) - she held remarkably still and earned a nice Dora sticker.
* Sort of processed the fact my daughter has pneumonia, which explains her awful cough and generally crabby attitude of late.
* Had the first Taco Bell meal with my daughter - she liked the "restaurant."
* Did more laundry and then scrubbed the toilet and bathtub.
* Took some Advil with an Emergen-C chaser.
* Accepted my sister-in-law's offer to watch Morgan while I go grocery shopping later today - thank you!
* Rescheduled my daughter's ear tube surgery for April instead of next week.
* Checked email and Facebook, procrastinating before my next overdue cleaning project.
* Googled "how do you get out motor oil from pink Gymboree pants."
* Checked to make sure Morgan was still breathing while she slept because she hadn't coughed in a long time.
* Made pizza together as a family, which Morgan loved making but refused to eat.
* Wore a horse backpack around the house while pushing a doll in a stroller.
* Feeling a bit sad about my little girl being sick and all the stuff that is suddenly on my plate, then realizing that if my day ends anywhere near as good as it began, I had a pretty great day.
5 comments:
What a witty way to sum up the day! I hope Morgan feels better very soon - pneumonia is tiresome... All the best to Holloways everywhere!
I am sorry Morgan is sick. That is hard on Mommy when her baby is sick, I know. But I do think if she gets her ear tubes in, you will see an end to this cycle you have been on. Hang in there-you are doing a great job!
This cracks me up, Robin! I might have to steal your idea someday and just record what goes on in a single day - to have proof when Ronny asks what I did that day instead of just answering "it was busy, I'm tired." Love it!
but P.S. - so sorry Morgan is sick! No fun at all.
Yes Tracey, just like teaching, our days as moms are pretty hilarious if you stop and think about all the random things we do. I think this post was more about venting though! But fortunately, Morgan is on the mend...you would never know she had pneumonia now. I love it when antibiotics kick in!
Post a Comment