Saturday, October 31, 2009

Miss Avery

Recently, I wrote about how much Morgan adored her older cousin, Noah. Well, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't also write about how much she loves her cousin, Avery. The two girls have had a lot more opportunities to play together since we've moved back to Portland. Morgan and I have gone over to their house recently on their days off from school to hang out with them. It's been very fun for me as an aunt to spend more time with my niece and nephew, but it's also so much fun to see Morgan interact with her cousins.

Avery is four years older than Morgan, yet the two of them play so well together. Morgan loves all of Avery's toys and, being girls, they have a lot of common interests. She tries to keep up with Avery and listens to her better than her own parents! And Avery is so patient and kind with her. She treats Morgan like a friend and equal, yet is always watching out for her and making sure that she stays safe.The last time they were playing together, they had even more fun. Avery is a natural teacher and decided to open "Miss Avery's Gymnastics Academy." It was pretty hilarious. Avery would say things like, "Okay, Mowgan, first let's try stretching, and then later we can work on cartwheels." Morgan also shared some of her expertise with Avery, singing the "ABCs" at least ten times throughout the day. Eventually, Avery exclaimed, "I can't get the ABC song out of my head!" While Morgan napped, I enjoyed playing baseball with Avery in the garage, who is a natural at sports like her brother. Later I had fun towing both girls around the neighborhood in the red wagon. Noah joined in on the fun and was a good sport, giving the girls ride after ride in the wagon.I can't wait to spend more time with Noah and Avery. I have missed out on a lot while we lived in Prague and Eugene. They are growing up so fast, yet are turning into awesome people already! And I know Morgan can't wait for the next time she gets to play with her cousins!

No comments: