Morgan is their first baby cousin so they were really excited to show off for her and play with her. They kept making cute comments as they discovered exactly what a baby her age can and cannot do. Noah asked, "You mean she can't walk at all?" When I asked Avery who Morgan looked most like, she said "Uncle Sam, because he doesn't have that much hair either." Avery also loved helping change Morgan's diapers and was pretty good at it, after having so much practice with her dolls. (After all, "I have a doll that pees!" she told me.) And they both found Morgan very entertaining when she jumped in her johnny-jump-up. They seemed to be most fascinated with Morgan's ability to stare without blinking much. Noah tried to have a staring contest with her, and when she finally blinked they shouted in amazement, "She blinked!"
It was so great to see Morgan through their young eyes, as well as have some time hanging out with these two great kids. It was fun watching Noah impress me with his Guitar Hero skills on Wii. And I loved having Avery read to me for the first time. (I didn't even realize she was reading already! I wish I had more opportunities to be auntie - how do our lives get so busy?) I am so lucky to be the aunt of these two amazing kiddos. They are growing up so fast, but I look forward to watching them continue to grow into incredible people.
Here's a video of Morgan at the park we all went to together on a very hot day. She loved the swing! (Sorry if it's blurry - I tried several times and am not sure why it isn't clear.)
No comments:
Post a Comment