
Last week I headed back to work, part-time fortunately, leaving Morgan with her daddy. She seemed to handle things better than I did, and didn't miss a beat with me not around. Sam really enjoyed spending more time with her, and kept saying "She is so cute!" about a million times when I got home. I just smiled and told him, "I know." My mom came to Eugene to help out and spend more time cuddling with her granddaughter (I have realized through subtle hints that it's not spoiling when grandmas
do it, but it is when moms do it.) When my mom offered to come down, she told me, "Sam will need a break." Funny, how we women assume that a man can't handle being at home with a baby all day. I guess men aren't treated as equals when it comes to babies. But it did make me feel a bit better knowing Sam had some experienced help around. ;) This week, Dinda is coming down to dote on Morgan some more and keep Sam from truly understanding what it's like to be alone with an infant all day. But there are still a couple weeks left for him at home until my winter break starts. And while we have been blessed with an unbelievably easy-going baby, I have a feeling that by Christmas, Sam may love me a bit more than he already does.
No comments:
Post a Comment